Location - London
Salary - £50,000 - £65,000
Job reference - R6902
Sketch are working with a repeat client who are extremely busy on a plethora of projects in the workplace fit out sector ranging from 2000 sq ft through to 250,000 sq ft.
Project are a range of workplace fit out schemes with high level of design on existing and new builds.
They are looking to hire for a strategic positions that will work closely with the leadership team and have support form the team.
A Senior Technical Co-ordinator/Technician/Interior Architect to lead projects in both an executive and oversight capacity. Providing outstanding client delivery, the objective is to lead the technical team on all projects, ensuring high standards are maintained and projects are delivered in accordance with agreed scope.
· Calculate, programme and manage staff resource to support the delivery of the technical design phase of project delivery
· Support the studio, in a senior capacity, by undertaking quality control reviews, mentoring junior technical staff and establishing best practice design standards/working practices for the studio to follow
· Collaborate with, and report to, the senior leadership team with regards to project status updates, management of initiative deployments, bid assistance and new business initiatives
· Work in a consultancy role during RIBA Stage 1 & 2, applying technical design knowledge to support due diligence exercises, peer reviews of development design information, agreement to lease assistance and produce information for tenant requested modifications (TRM) to base building proposals
· Predominately deliver detailed CAT B interior drawing packages with excellent detailing ability
· Occasionally work collaboratively with external base build architecture teams to deliver interior packages
· Deliver architectural building modifications, both internal and external modifications, along with CAT A design solutions (work is predominately interior architecture, however, some projects do require external or base build design knowledge).
· Monitor construction once projects reach site and accurately assess contractor submittals and drawings
· Guide the studio’s migration to Revit by phased deployment (approximately 30% of current projects are on Revit. AutoCAD will remain the dominate platform in the short to medium term.)
· Cultivate strong relationships with Project Mangers, Contractors, Suppliers and, most importantly, our Clients· Input into bid submissions and attendance at pitch interviews, where required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Strong AutoCAD skills are essential
· Sketchup and Adobe CS proficiency is desirable, but not essential
· Commercial office fit-out experience is essential, with residential experience beneficial
· Revit capability and BIM experience
· Strong working knowledge of current UK Building Regulations, specifically Parts B, M, K, and L; ideally experience within the UK office market
· Experience of working on international projects, and in multi-disciplined teams
· Strong Portfolio demonstrating working drawing packages and understanding of material specifications
· Proven ability to network in order to promote the company
· Must be confident coordinating with external design team consultants and contractors
Please get in touch with email@example.com