Location - London
Salary - £45,000 - £55,000
Job reference - R6947
Seeking an all-round designer with strong FF&E expertise and focus.
The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years’ experience working within the hospitality sector and should be able to demonstrate a proven ability to run small to mid-size projects or as part of a team on large-scale projects.
Impeccable taste levels combined with strong technical skills and FF&E background are essential.
Must have experience of delivering projects from concept to site installation, with extensive experience of liaising with and overseeing the procurement agent.
• Creative direction (developing ideas/concepts, bringing ideas to the project)
• Manage, source, select and production of interior design and FF&E on a variety of project types including hotel, restaurant, residential, etc.
• Travel internationally to assist in presentations or site assistance may be required.
• Coordinate and work with the team in the development of overall initial design concepts & palettes
• Prepare schemes and sample boards to include, all fixed finishes, furniture finishes, fabrics, and accessories
• Prepare detailed specifications/spec books
• Design bespoke furniture and prepare furniture detailed drawings where applicable
• Develop necessary and appropriate budgets required for the assigned project
• Assist procurement agents with all value engineering of furniture and fabrics, & public area quantities
• Management of all project control samples with team
• Review shop drawings and follow up on all manufactured items
• Contact with client/consultants/vendors on all FF&E matters and attend site meetings
• Researching new fabrics and suppliers
• Produce / check all FF&E documents/schedules produced by others to ensure accuracy
• Work closely with the team to ensure all FF&E documentation/information is coordinated throughout detail design packages and layouts
• Overseeing and supporting other members of the FF&E team
Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org