Location - London
Salary - £negotiable
Job reference - R5001
A long standing client of ours has been picking up some amazing projects in the hospitality and commercial residential sector and require a Furniture Designer to join the ranks.
They have a flexible way of working currently with the office available, but also facilitating home working.
- Develop a strong and full understanding of all in-house design standards & desired studio aesthetic.
- Create bespoke furniture designs across multiple projects: from initial briefing and concept, to detailed design drawings, shop drawing review, prototype testing and site installation
- Ensure designs are appropriate for project budget & end use.
- Coordinate project-related research.
- Develop/contribute to the in-house furniture library.
- Collaborate with all members of the design team to interpret a brief and come up with intelligent solutions
- Confidently contribute to overall creative direction for assigned projects, ensuring design DNA is maintained throughout
- Manage own time efficiently
- Contribute and collaborate towards furthering the studio-wide knowledge of latest products, designers & finishes
- Invest time in ongoing training to progress knowledge & advance skills
You will be highly creative with good furniture construction knowledge and a good understanding of finishes, cost, ergonomics & proportion.
Ability to produce high level technical drawings/drawing packages along with experience with furniture manufacturers (competent ability to discuss shop drawings, finishing, value engineering, prototyping with manufacturers and owner/client.)
Having excellent communication skills to work with teams and also to coordinate with contractors and redline construction/shop drawings.
AutoCAD or equivalent, Solidworks, Sketchup or other 3D software.
Should be comfortable with working between 2D and 3D software.
Please get in touch with email@example.com