Location - East London
Salary - £40,000 - £50,000
Flexible working with intention of 4 days in office moving forward
Job reference - ID3210
We are working with a small creative design team who have seen workload rapidly increase over the past year or so.
They work on a range of high level projects across restaurants, bars, private members clubs and hotels in the UK and overseas.
Our client is currently looking to bring in a Senior Designer to the team with proven experience of running and delivering projects.
- Design and coordination of multiple and simultaneous projects, reporting to the Directors.
- The day to day running of their projects.
- Support from designers and management subject to project requirements within the design process.
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively and to delegate appropriately is essential.
- Experienced with all aspects of design and design project management.
- An interest in and understanding of interior architecture and design, furniture and product design
- Comprehensive understanding of construction technology is imperative as well as knowledge of current building regulations.
- Very high-level of verbal and written communication skills are a must as well as an extremely high-level of proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) and Microsoft Office.
- Develop the creative vision for projects alongside the Directors.
- Co-ordinate with the Design Director on a daily basis.
- Lead design research for projects in general and concept development in particular. The task includes activities ranging from finding mood images for a particular design direction to establishing information about a specific site. Lead the establishment of the materiality of a project as well as developing details of the design through material research and to ensure samples are available for review and approval.
- Understand the Studio’s stylistic requirements to ensure that they are adhered to during the design concept, design development and construction.
- Researching and engaging with new suppliers and manufacturers, keeping the team updated with any new materials, lighting, ironmongery and sanitaryware products.
- Develop projects from concept through to completion
- Organise and programme projects internally ensuring deliverables and deadlines are met and update the Directors on this regularly.
- Acting as a point of contact for Designers and Junior designers assigned to the Senior Designers project, overseeing their workload and mentoring.
- Ensure the Studio’s standards are applied to all aspects of a project.
- Participate in wrap-up meetings post project and ensure that all relevant issues are communicated effectively.
- Understand the contractual obligations between the designer, contractor and client
- Have an understanding of overall project costs.
- Understanding project Health and Safety procedures and making sure that relevant documentation is in place.
- Lead and undertake the production of relevant documentation for all stages of a project while ensuring a high level of accuracy is applied in the production of information.
- Ensure the Studio standards are executed within all design documentation – presentations, sketches, drawings and schedules.
- Ensuring CAD standards and other design documentation is maintained at a high standard whilst assisting other members of the team to develop their abilities.
- Ensure correct filing procedures are administered on projects.
- Assist the Directors in mentoring more junior members of staff.
Knowledge, skills and ability
- Good knowledge of UK building regulations. Knowledge of European and US regulations would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Comprehensive understanding of construction technology.
- High level knowledge of joinery, furniture and construction detailing is essential.
- Awareness of current style trends as well as the wider restaurant industry.
- 3D spatial awareness skills.
- Good knowledge of the Studio’s design processes and standards.
- An extremely high level of AutoCAD is a must.
- Proficient in SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) and Microsoft Office
- Strong freehand sketching abilities.
- Good eye for colour and materials.
- Good organisational skills.
- Work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Work well individually as well as a team.
- Pragmatic with good problem solving skills
- Good initiative as well as an ability to follow instructions.
Please get in touch with email@example.com