Location - London
Salary - £35,000 - £40,000
Job reference - AR4512
AutoCAD and Revit (advantage but not essential)
Sketch Recruitment have been approached by a client we have worked for for many years as they look to grow the team.
Currently standing vat 33 people and with scope to develop towards 40 in the next 12 months, this company as a great culture and offer some very strong benefits.
They are currently working for one of their repeat clients which is an a European Legal firm as they refurbishment 3 floors of an existing building which is over 27,000 sq ft.
This project is currently at stage 2 and will be going into stage 3 in February which will bring in the technical team.
The intermediate technician/technical coordinator will have focus on providing outstanding delivery to the highest of standards in accordance with the agreed scope.
Deliver detailed interior drawing packages, with excellent detailing ability
Work as part of a design team to progress design solutions, typically in a supportive role during RIBA Stages 0-2 (Strategic Brief and Concept) escalating to supporting internal role within the project professional team during RIBA Stage 3 (Developed Design) and a supporting external role during RIBA Stages 4 and 5 (Technical Design and Construction)
Work under the guidance of the studio’s Senior Technical Coordinator, sometimes directly in a supportive role to the Senior Technical Coordinator on large, complex or programme critical projects.
Lead own technical delivery projects, under supervision of Senior Technical Coordinator and in collaboration with lead designer on projects where experience level matches project scope
Able to monitor construction once projects reach site and accurately assess contractor submittals and drawings
Strategically assist in problem solving through the life cycle of the project
Act as a Trusted Advisor to clients
Attend Design Team Meetings (DTM) with project professional team and lead contractor, providing technical input and solutions
Manage time and output efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines
Apply technical, CAD and visualisation skills, in a supporting capacity on other projects, when required. This may include activities such as space planning, building efficiency studies, technical specification assessments, 3D visualisations, 3D sketches and renderings
- Strong Revit, Sketchup and AutoCAD skills
- Adobe CS proficiency is desirable for reports
- Commercial office fit-out experience is essential, with residential experience beneficial
- Strong working knowledge of current UK Building Regulations
- Experience of working on European projects, and in multi-disciplined teams, and willing to travel within Europe.
- Must be confident coordinating with external design team consultants and contractors
- Comfortable working as part of a team and leading on projects where required
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines, and be a self-starter/use initiative
- Strong commercial acumen
- Able to quickly build rapport and develop long-standing relationships
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and prioritising ability
- Highly motivated, and proactive, with a ‘can do’ attitude
Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org