Location - Hybrid
Salary - £45,000 - £50,000
Job reference - ID8172
A leading design studio in SW London are actively seeking an experienced and passionate interior designer, who has a strong architectural background.
You must have exceptional technical skills and a strong aesthetic eye. Your work will involve developing the architectural drawing packages including architectural detailing and space planning, as well as assisting with 3D modelling of the space. Ideally you should have at least 5+ years of experience in architectural interior design.
The ideal candidate should:
- 5 + years of experience in architectural interior design
- Extensive experience in high-end residential design development
- Have co-ordinated package experience
- Able to demonstrate strong technical skills through a selection of drawing packages.
- Proficient in CAD drawings – preferably Auto-CAD or able to pick up Auto-CAD easily
- Proficient in 3D modelling with SketchUp and / or Rhino
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Strong design sensibility and a good sense of composition
- Right to work in the UK
- Demonstrate an academic background in Architecture
- Have strong architectural detailing knowledge
- Have experience working with period properties
- Be organised, detail-oriented and pro-active
- Have strong communication and design presentation skills
- Have knowledge of products and materials
- Work effectively by meeting tight deadlines
- Have a strong work ethic
- Have either worked in an architectural firm on high end interior projects or worked in an interior design studio that has a focus on architectural projects
- Support the Senior Designers in the delivery of the design project including creating interior architectural drawing packages and 3D modelling of projects.
- Develop design schemes in keeping with the design style of the business and always with final approval prior to implementation.
- Undertake administration on a project as necessary, including preparation of mood boards, procurement of samples and supplier quotations, keeping the Design reference library up to date as necessary.
- Draft project schedules for presentation to the senior designers and finalise schedules for presentation to Clients.
- Liaise with all contractors and attend site meetings, as required.
- Work closely with the Showroom & Fabric teams to ensure the smooth flow of information between departments.
- Complete timesheets accurately and on-time weekly
- Develop or maintain good knowledge and practical application of all creative software used in the Studio.
- International travel and out of hours work, if/ when required.
Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org