Location - London
Salary - £35,000 circa
Job reference - R3767
1. Project Visual Communication
- Project visual strategy: Facilitate the project team in developing a visual strategy at each stages, to ensure the core visual deliverables, languages and technological challenges are understood.
- Visual Deliverables: Participating in the project team’s strategy for the visual deliverables and workflows to ensure the team is engages with relevant tools for achieving the necessary quality and targets.
- Mentoring & Training: Educate and mentor project team on all topics of visual communication. Identify and implement relevant training and support needs, and facilitate the Head of Visual Communication in developing appropriate training plans.
- Visual communication resources: Ensure the project has appropriate level of visual communication skills to achieve the desired deliverables, and feedback any critical issues to the Project leader at appropriate times.
2. Knowledge Management
- Promote excellence in continuing professional development and ensure Project Leader(s) are familiar with emerging best practice to allow them to deliver technical excellence.
- Participate in learning activities, keep abreast of current technological developments and regularly attend internal studio talks and workshops.
- Share knowledge, experience and lessons learned across the team and the wider studio.
3. Studio Contribution
- Contribute proactively to wider studio projects and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships, internally and externally.
- Contribute to promoting the studio culture.
- Represent the values of the studio in internal and external activities.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with both internal and external teams.
Your experience, skills and attributes:
Graduated with a degree in Architecture or relevant discipline.
2 years post RIBA Part 2 or higher level professional experience, or equivalent, is essential.
Highly skilled in visualising architectural internal and external spaces.
Competence and clarity in communicating ideas and architectural design narratives through physical and digital tools.
Experience in design communication that considers project’s unique identity and value, as well as responding to client concerns and needs.
Experience in integrative visual and graphics communication through effective use of physical and digital tools.
Familiar with the range of computer rendering and animation software including their relative merits and processing techniques.
Must be fluent with Rhino for 3D modelling.
Comprehensive knowledge of rendering software including VRay as well as Gaming engines, and experience in developing these tools to facilitate effective design communication and presentations.
Skilled with VR implementation.
Good knowledge of Post Production Software - Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.
Demonstrable experience of interfacing with developers and have an extensive industry network and links with Software developers and Visualisation companies.
Experience of inspiring and steering teams toward a desired outcome; effective team and people leadership and management.
Experience of delivering training and supporting the development of others.
Engaged, inquisitive and interested in innovative design projects.
Empathy for great design, strong visual skills, with attention to detail, composition, light, colour and form.
Clear and evocative design idea communication.
Strategic and critical thinking.
Resilient and determined.
Analytical with a proactive approach to problem solving.
Strong leadership skills, with an interest in nurturing and developing others.