About the Role
Freelancer Retail Designer
We're collaborating with an award-winning luxury interior designer in London.
Currently, we're on the lookout for a talented and passionate designer to join the interior design studio for an exciting retail project with a prestigious luxury brand. This role involves working closely with a team of designers to conceptualise, develop, and execute the design for a flagship store, with potential involvement in a global re-design roll-out. The ideal candidate should possess exceptional technical skills, a strong aesthetic sense, and proficiency in architectural and fixtures drawing packages. Experience in planning retail developments, coupled with some exposure to the Food & Beverage sector, would be ideal. Previous involvement in classical architectural and design projects would be an advantageous addition.
- Anticipated that you would have a minimum of 5 years of experience in architectural interior design
- Extensive experience in high-end retail design development
- Experience in Food & Beverage
- Experience or interest in classical architecture
- Have coordination package drawing experience
- Able to demonstrate strong technical skills through a selection of drawing packages
- Proficient in CAD drawings – preferably Auto-CAD or able to pick up Auto-cad easily
- Proficient in 3D modelling with SketchUp
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Strong design sensibility and a good sense of composition
- Able to work collaboratively
- Right to work in the UK
The ideal candidate should:
- Demonstrate an academic background in Architecture or Interior Design
- Bring extensive retail knowledge to the table
- Be organised, detail-oriented and proactive
- Have strong communication and design presentation skills
- Have knowledge of products and materials
- Work effectively by meeting tight deadlines
- Have a strong work ethic
- Have either worked in an architectural firm on retail interior projects or worked in an interior design studio that has a focus on architectural projects
- Able to join the team in March and eager to get to work quickly
- Develop initial concept design through reference images, sketches and 3D modelling
- Develop display fixtures in keeping with concept design
- Assist with 3D modelling of the space when needed
- Support detailed tender drawing package and schedules
- Source/research materials & finishes , coordinate with suppliers when needed
- Attend client meetings, as required
- Liaise with all contractors and attend site meetings, as required
- Support the Senior Designers in the delivery of the design project including creating interior architectural drawing packages and 3D modelling of the retail space.
- Develop Design schemes in keeping with the Design style of the business
- Undertake administration on a project as necessary, including preparation of mood boards, procurement of samples and supplier quotations, keeping the Design reference library up to date as necessary.
- Draft project schedules for presentation to the senior designers and finalise schedules for presentation to Clients.
- Liaise with all contractors and attend site meetings, as required.
- Develop or maintain good knowledge and practical application of all creative software used in the Studio.
For more information, please reach out to Julian Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com