Location - London
Salary - £DOE
Job reference - AD6152
This position is likely to be at Associate Director that can grow into Director.
On behalf of an architectural practice, we are currently seeking a technical Leader who can take an office wide role.
Our client is constantly looking to improve the quality of the service they provide and the projects they deliver, and this new leadership role will raise technical design, delivery and quality standards across their studios.
They are looking for an ambitious, engaging and technically experienced individual with a proven track record of delivery and management of multi-million pound projects across a variety of contract types and procurement routes. Effective and clear communication and presentation skills are important to ensure our teams are engaged and organisational knowledge is effectively documented and shared.
This position offers a fantastic opportunity for someone with a specialist interest in technical design and delivery to develop and share their skills and knowledge in a progressive and ambitious environment.
Core responsibilities for the role include:
- formulating and implementing processes to support and promote technical excellence in the practice’s output
- maintaining a detailed knowledge of up to date regulations and legislation applicable to architectural design and the practice’s professional output
- maintaining a detailed knowledge of best practice in construction and selection of materials as they relate to architectural design
- review and constantly improve the companies project and package delivery capability from work stage 3 onwards
- assisting project teams with set up and implementation of effective project programmes, resource schedules and information release schedules
- actively promoting technical excellence across the practice, including through presentations to the team and training documentation
- initiating and participating in technical project reviews/audits at key work stages, and as required
- maintaining a detailed knowledge of CAD processes and software as they relate to technical design (such as clash detection etc.) and interoperability across the sector and design teams
- provide on-call support to teams requiring assistance with technical design matters
- carrying out research on future trends in technical aspects of architectural design and assisting with research and development to develop the companies knowledge and tools maintaining and developing the Practice’s process for Specification writing
- providing support for design issues related to client and contractor claims and professional indemnity insurance claims
- collaborating on the development and maintenance of a digital library of standard architectural details and designs which can be utilised across the practice to ensure consistency and efficiency ensuring that the technical design processes and procedures support the practice’s ISO9001 quality management system