About the Role
Senior Architect - High end private residential
up to £65,000
Sketch represents an award winning team that is recognised as a dynamic team of architects and interior designers. They have unique, narrative-rich spaces crafted with a personalised touch.
Their commitment to a cross-disciplinary approach in both Architecture and Interior Design ensures the realisation of interiors with exceptional attention to detail. They champion the belief that outstanding interiors are born from instinctive architecture, prioritising comfort and spatial harmony.
Each project they undertake is distinctly one-of-a-kind, inviting clients on a design expedition that is inventive, imaginative, delightful, and unexpected. Liberated from stylistic confines, their designs narrate a story.
They draw inspiration from a project's surroundings and pay homage to its history. This fundamental principle guarantees a consideration of the locale, architecture, and heritage, culminating in spaces that are both enduring and rich in character.
While London serves as their base, their reach spans the globe.
Required Skills & Experience
- Anticipate you will have 7+ years’ UK experience including work on high end residential projects
- ARB registered; RIBA preferred but not essential
- Experience across all RIBA stages, particularly Technical and Construction stages
- A skill at making decisions, acting on own initiative and operating in a proactive way
- Strong design, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wider team
- Ability to adapt and respond to a client’s changing requirements
- Be presentable and confident with both client and contractor facing responsibilities
- Excellent Project Management & Client facing experience
- Excellent in managing consultant teams and delivering exceptionally detailed projects
- Excellent knowledge of UK Building Regulations, codes and understanding of construction technologies
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Sketchup, Microsoft Excel
Roles & Responsibilities
- To lead the Project from Concept/ Planning, through Construction to completion under the guidance of their Director.
- Creating detailed drawings and specifications for architectural projects in AutoCAD
- Prepare and Present design proposals to Clients.
- Prepare detailed and coordinated technical architectural drawings. Working through all RIBA work stages.
- Meeting with clients to discuss project objectives, needs, and budget
- Specifying the materials and products needed for construction of projects
- Obtain quotations for sub-consultants and appoint as necessary
- Visiting and supervising the construction of buildings to ensure projects meet deadlines, stay on budget, and adhere to the original vision for the design
- Prepare and send Weekly Project Reports / Updates covering design status, decisions required, programme updates and project financials update where appropriate.
- Resolving issues that come up during construction, liaising with contractors and sub-contractors
- Participating in project management throughout the construction
- Production of Stage Reports and any other necessary reports required for projects
For more information, please reach out to Julian Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com