At Sketch Recruitment we are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring your personal data is handled with care, and in accordance with the relevant privacy laws. We define personal data broadly as information that directly identifies an individual or that makes an individual identifiable when combined with other information.
This policy sets out the basis by which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be stored, and processed by us, and will inform you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. Sketch Recruitment is a data controller, which means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. By visiting Sketch Recruitment website you are agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about any individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous date)
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection laws and principles, which means that your data will be:
• Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
• Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
• Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
• Accurate and kept up to date.
• Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have informed you about.
• Saved securely.
DATA WE MAY COLLECT AND PROCESS ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process information obtained (but not limited to) through the following means:
• You filling in forms on our site;
• by corresponding with us by phone, email;
• providing us with information on your curriculum vitae;
• from third parties if it is from publicly accessible sources, including external recruitment CV search facilities, or otherwise. The information you give us may include (but not be limited to);
• information from the employing company (the “Employer”);
• your name, address, email address and telephone number, personal description, job history, qualifications, identification details;
• salary details, financial data, passport details, qualification details, and information from reference checking (when required);
• details on immigration status, information ensuring compliance with legal requirements;
• work examples/portfolios and photographs, and any additional information that you choose to provide/inform us, and extra information that our clients may inform us about you, or that we find from other third-party sources such as job sites.
Data you provide will be processed with legitimate reason, and will not be processed in a way which goes against what you would reasonably expect from us. Legitimate Interest include but are not limited to; managing our database and keeping our records up to date with your job seeking preferences and latest employment history, providing recruitment services to our candidates and clients, evaluating our client’s applications to ensure that appropriate candidates are recruited for appropriate roles, obtaining references from previous employers, contacting you to obtain consent to continue recruitment services on your behalf or giving you updates about our services, policies or business updates, and operating our business effectively.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION HELD ABOUT YOU
The information you provide to us will be used in the following ways:
• To assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for a role;
• Communicate with you about the recruitment process;
• Provide your CV to Employers;
• Keep records relating to our recruitment process;
• Comply with legal or regulatory requirements;
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party)
We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to put you forward for a role with a prospective employer. The Employer will then process your information to determine whether you are suitable for the interviewing stage, and then ultimately if you are suitable for the role.
(Please see glossary to Lawful Basis to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data).
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data, although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with certain parties in order to conduct legitimate business. This includes sharing your information with:
● Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors of Sketch Recruitment for:
(1) the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
(2) the purpose of placing you in employment or your engagement with a third party.
(3) legal reasons to comply with regulations or compliance to recruitment procedures e.g. Police, HMRC, Employment Agency accredited bodies
● Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Cookies are small text files placed on your device when you visit a website. It is generated by a web page server and can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site.
Sketch Recruitment uses the following cookies:
Website Cookies - This cookie allows us to remember user details for registering on site.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
By submitting your personal data, you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of your data. The suppliers we use to store your data are compliant with the applicable privacy laws and we will monitor their policies to ensure they are compliant with our requirements.
When we pass your data to third party companies e.g. clients recruitment teams - we cannot control how they store or process your data.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary based on the reason we collected it, and as required for our records and decision making processes.
We reserve the right to keep your data for as long as is legally required to comply with HMRC and accountancy regulations, and any other relevant regulations. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
Should you wish your data to be removed from our database you have the right to email us and request for all data to be anonymised on our database and suppressed from being processed further.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or legitimate business. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. Where you have consented to the processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw consent at any point.
You have the following rights in relation to how your data is used:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us at Sketch Recruitment. You have the right to opt out of marketing communications, to opt out of please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You have the right to ask for your information to be removed from our databases. If you request to be permanently deleted, we require you to email email@example.com and give us 24 hours to remove your details from our database.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business of recruitment activities in connecting the right candidates with the right roles, and in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to.
Company Number: 09001918
VAT Number: 185333596
Registered in England & Wales